Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WIP Wednesday & Emperor Dragonfly Batt

 

It's WIP Wednesday and I've been working on a couple of projects this week.

I am still plugging along on my Shetland Pi Shawl. I was gifted a 60" cable for my Harmony Circs so it's going a bit more smoothly now as it's not quite so crammed on the cable. Moving it from the 40" cable I can really start to see the size of this thing! I am just getting ready to finish up the final pattern repeat on part 4 and move on to the final increase and pattern repeat section!

Of course at the moment it just looks like a lacy blob on the needles.

Here is this week's progress on my Phat Fiber Handspun Mitered Afghan project. More squares knit up, more samples spun, plied and wrapped into cute mini-skeins. These skeins still need to have their twist set.

In Llady Llama Fiber Co. news I have finished my final colorway for April's Phat Fiber Box. Just a reminder, this month's theme is Butterflies and Flutterbyes.

 

Here is one of my Emperor Dragonfly sample batts. This is a hand-dyed and hand-carded blend of superwash merino, bamboo, tussah silk and firestar. As usual the pillow boxes were also made by yours truly.

Full-sized versions of all 5 LLFC colorways for April's Phat Fiber Box will be in the shop sometime next week. I will post a blog update when they are up. 

4 comments:

  1. That's going to be a gorgeous shawl! I don't spin but your sample batt is beautiful enough to make me want to learn. It's obvious that you put a lot of care into the packaging too. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it's my first shawl and I dyed the yarn for it so I am pretty excited!

    You should learn to spin, it's a lot of fun and very meditative. ;) Haha I'm certainly not a fiber enabler or anything.

    I love making the packaging because it lets me play around with other crafty stuff and I think it really makes my samples extra special! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The yarn is beautiful and matches your blog!

    The packaging AND that roving are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah yeah you can tell I dyed the yarn alright, and what my favorite color is. :)

    Thanks, I love the inspiration from the Phat Fiber themes. Keeps the dyeing ideas fresh and challenging!

    ReplyDelete